Monday, February 25, 2013

General Conference 2013 Packets

What do you do to help get your youth excited about General Conference?

I know I'm a little ahead of the game, but due to personal schedules, it's necessary. And, as they say, "The early bird gets the worm." Am I right? (And, I just love General Conference!)

Anyway, when I was growing up we were able to earn make-up day(s) in seminary if we took really good notes on Conference. I grew up taking notes or playing BINGO or something of the sort - so this was easy peesy for me. Now, it's a habit. I can't imagine just sitting through Conference. I get so much more out of it by taking notes too! So thankful for a good mother (who was also my seminary teacher)!

For our youth, I created some packets. I had found some packets on SugarDoodle as well as The Red Headed Hostess, but I really wanted to include some things specifically for our youth. I wanted the girls to be able to learn from Conference and more about the leaders as well. In the end, I wanted them to act on Conference. Both Personal Progress and Duty to God incorporate Conference talks into the experiences. So why not remind them?

In addition, we're having a General Conference Jeopardy fireside later in April. I'll allow them to use their packets. It'll be YW vs. YM, which tends to motivate them even more! (:





Also, the YW will get to attend the YW Broadcast the week prior; I made a special mini packet for that. For the YM, I created a special Priesthood Session packet.


Hopefully this will encourage our youth to love every moment of Conference and gain as much as possible from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment